What is our service area?
What are the eligibility requirements?
What type of organization is Meals on Wheels for Fort Collins?
How much do meals cost?
How will receiving services improve my physical and emotional health?
What is included in the meal?
Where are meals prepared?
Who delivers the meals?
How often are meals delivered?
Are meals ever not delivered?
How do you sign up for Meals on Wheels?
What are the benefits of signing up with Meals on Wheels?
Interested in receiving Meals on Wheels?
We deliver meals in Fort Collins, Laporte, and Wellington.
- Primarily homebound
- Difficulty preparing nutritional meals or grocery shopping to the extent your diet is deficient
- You live in the city limits of Fort Collins (surrounding areas will be considered based on the availability of volunteer drivers.)
- You live in a home, apartment or mobile home that is safe and accessible for our volunteers
- We are able to meet your dietary needs
Meals on Wheels for Fort Collins is a nonprofit, community supported organization. We are not funded through any government agencies. We rely on client fees, donations, grants and fundraising activities to provide this service.
Meals are $5.00 per meal ($6.00 for large meals). Clients can be considered for a reduced meal fee with a verification of gross monthly income.
Meals on Wheels for Fort Collins provides an improved diet by delivering a balanced meal and daily contact with one of our friendly volunteers.
Each meal consists of a full lunch with a hot entrée, two vegetables, and is accompanied by a cold portion (normally consisting of a roll, salad and dessert), providing at least 1/3 of the adult daily recommended diet.
Our meals are prepared by Poudre Valley Hospital kitchen staff.
Meals are delivered by caring volunteers Monday-Friday.
You can choose to receive meals 1 to 5 days per week (Monday-Friday between 11:30 and 12:30 pm) temporarily or permanently. This includes all weekday holidays.
On a rare occasion, we must cancel meal delivery to ensure the safety of our volunteers due to dangerous road conditions. In the event that weather conditions cause us to cancel delivery, we will make every effort to contact each client and volunteer.
We have an application process to sign up for meals. Please call (970) 484-6325 for assistance. You can also download and print out the application. Fill this out and mail, fax, email or bring in the application. We can also mail you or your loved one an application.
- A nutritional meal with a balanced diet
- Nutritional independence from friends and family
- Ability to remain at home
- Restore/maintain good health
- Social interaction with volunteers