- Primarily homebound
- Over the age of 62 and unable to safely shop for or prepare your own meals
- Difficulty preparing nutritional meals or grocery shopping to the extent your diet is deficient
- You live in the city limits of Fort Collins, LaPorte and Wellington (some boundary limitations apply, call for confirmation)
- You live in a home, apartment or mobile home that is safe and accessible for our volunteers
- We are able to meet your dietary needs
We deliver meals in Fort Collins, Laporte, and Wellington.
Meals on Wheels for Fort Collins is a nonprofit, community supported organization. We are not funded through any Federal agencies with the exception of special funding such as the CAREs Act. We rely on client fees, donations, grants and fundraising activities to provide this service.
Meals on Wheels for Fort Collins provides a well balanced diet based on the DASH Diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) and contains a hot entree along with a cold portion offering a flexible balanced eating plan. The DASH diet is endorsed by the Mayo Clinic. We also provide daily contact and with a friendly visit from one of our volunteers.
- A nutritional meal with a balanced diet
- Nutritional independence from friends and family
- Ability to remain at home
- Restore/maintain good health
- Social interaction with volunteers
Meals are $5.00 per meal ($6.00 for large meals). Meals are based on income and can be considered for a reduced meal fee with a verification of gross monthly income.
We have an application process to sign up for meals. Please call (970) 484-6325 for assistance. Click the button below for the client application.
About Our Meals
Each meal consists of a full lunch with 2 trays. One contains a hot entrée, two vegetables, and the second contains a cold portion (typically consisting of a roll, salad and dessert), providing at least 1/2 of the adult daily recommended diet according to DASH. DASH stands for Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension.
The Poudre Valley Hospital kitchen cannot accommodate allergy requests.
Our meals are prepared at Poudre Valley Hospital's by kitchen staff.
Meals are delivered by caring volunteers Monday-Friday.
You can choose to receive meals 2 to 5 days per week. (Monday-Friday between 11:30 and 12:45 pm) temporarily or permanently. We are closed and will not be delivering meals on major holiday which includes New Year's Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
On a rare occasion, we must cancel meal delivery to ensure the safety of our volunteers due to dangerous road conditions. In the event of inclement weather conditions causing us to cancel delivery, we will make every effort to contact each client and volunteer. Typically through an automatic phone system alerting you of a delay or cancelation.